Salem Elrayyes/ Al Manassa
Israeli occupation forces target a residential apartment in west Gaza City with a suicide drone, killing a family of four, Aug. 2, 2026

Israeli bombardment kills 10 in Gaza homes and shelters

Salem Elrayyes
Published Sunday, August 2, 2026 - 14:37

Israeli forces killed 10 Palestinians in four strikes across the Gaza Strip early Sunday, targeting residential apartments, a house, and a shelter,a Gaza Health Ministry source told Al Manassa hours after Palestinian politician Mohammed Dahlan said US contacts aimed at halting attacks on the strip.

The source, who requested anonymity, said most of the bodies arrived at hospitals in pieces because of the force of the explosions. “In one of the residential apartments targeted in western Gaza, we found a fetus among the rubble hours after the mother was killed,” the source added.

Meanwhile, Dahlan said in a post on his official Facebook page that, following direct contact with US politician Jared Kushner, Israeli military attacks would stop on Sunday morning. Hours later, he edited the wording of the post to say that “Mr Jared Kushner informed us that he is working with the Israeli side to halt the attacks on Gaza. We are continuing our intensive contacts with the US side to ensure the agreement is implemented faithfully and in full.”

Dahlan stressed that the agreement’s success, after Hamas and other Palestinian factions approved a 15-point road map, “depends on Israel’s full commitment to ending its daily attacks on Gaza.”

Shortly after midnight, the occupying army targeted an apartment in a building in western Gaza City with a suicide drone, killing a young man from the Al-Tayef family, his pregnant wife, and their child. The remains of a fetus were found beneath the rubble more than seven hours later.

A witness told Al Manassa that the army struck the apartment without prior warning while the family was asleep in one of its rooms, which the suicide drone hit directly.

“I was getting ready to sleep when the building suddenly shook. I heard rubble collapsing from the upper floors, and dust covered the place,” the witness said. Residents on the lower floors left their apartments to investigate and discovered that an explosion had struck the apartment before a fire broke out. When civil defense and ambulance crews arrived, they recovered the family’s dismembered remains. No other injuries were reported.

After the first attack, an occupation forces’ reconnaissance drone fired a single missile at a home in the Al-Mashala neighbourhood, south of Deir Al-Balah in central Gaza. The house belonged to Kamal Abu Muayliq, 68, head of Hamas’ administrative body in central Gaza. He and his 58-year-old wife were killed, a press source at Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital confirmed to Al Manassa.

The source said Abu Muayliq and his wife were brought to the hospital after being directly targeted inside their home without prior warning. The couple’s three sons had been killed separately in earlier attacks during the Israeli genocide in the Gaza Strip.

The attacks continued at dawn, when a reconnaissance drone targeted an apartment in the Al-Mawasi area of Qarara, northwest of Khan Younis in southern Gaza. A witness told Al Manassa that the apartment, in a residential building surrounded by tents housing displaced people, was struck without prior notice or warning.

Civil defense and ambulance crews rushed to the scene after a fire broke out in the apartment. They recovered the dismembered remains of three people and took them to Nasser Medical Complex, a source told Al Manassa.

A press source at Nasser Medical Complex told Al Manassa that the bodies arrived in pieces because of the explosion, with parts of them also burned in the fire. The victims were a young man from the Al-Hams family, his wife and their child.

A young man from the Al-Aar family was killed on Sunday morning when a missile fired by a reconnaissance drone struck the Yemen Al-Saeed Hospital building in Jabalia refugee camp in the northern Gaza Strip. His body was taken to Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza, a medical source told Al Manassa.

The source said more than seven wounded people arrived at the hospital with shrapnel injuries from the attack in Jabalia.

A witness told Al Manassa that the occupation forces targeted the hospital, which had been converted into a shelter for displaced people and lies less than 200 meters from the “yellow line” separating areas where occupation forces are stationed from those where civilians remain.

The witness said the young man who was killed had been living in the shelter with the surviving members of his family after his father and three brothers were killed in separate attacks during the war.

The attacks documented by Al Manassa took place after Dahlan announced US contacts aimed at halting Israeli military operations and before he revised his statement to say Kushner was working with the Israeli side to stop the attacks. Dahlan said the agreement’s success depended on Israel ending its daily attacks on Gaza.